Resumption of Disaster Support Services following Tropical Storm Goni (August 17, 2015)
- Today the following support services will resume:
- CNMI/FEMA joint Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will reopen at 8 a.m. for normal operations (Monday- Saturday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- FEMA housing inspections will continue. Registered survivors will be contacted by a FEMA inspector to schedule an appointment for an inspection; you do not need to contact FEMA to set up an inspection. If you have been displaced and need transportation to and from the housing inspection, you can contact the Commonwealth Office of Transit Authority at 670-237-8000 to schedule transportation.
- Unfortunately, disasters often bring out criminals who prey on the needs of disaster survivors – so beware of scams and scam artists. FEMA inspectors will always wear badges and never charge you for an inspection. If you suspect someone is posing as a FEMA inspector, call our toll-free Disaster Fraud Hotline at 866-720-5721, or call your local law enforcement officials
- As of 8am on 8/16, more than 6,100 registrations have been received by FEMA for disaster assistance and more than $279,000 disbursed to survivors so far.