Grants and Jobs
Opportunities – Federal contracts, grants, and jobs for and in the Mariana Islands:
(Last updated – 4/21/2017)
- Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program – EPA’s Office of Transportation and Air Quality is soliciting proposals for projects that achieve significant reductions in diesel emissions in terms of tons of pollution produced by diesel engines and diesel emissions exposure, particularly from fleets operating at or servicing goods movement facilities located in areas designated as having poor air quality. Current closing date is June 20, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.epa.gov/cleandiesel/clean-diesel-national-grants.
- Rural Business Development Grant Program – The RBDG is a competitive grant designed to support targeted technical assistance, training and other activities leading to the development of expansion of small and emerging private businesses in rural areas. Current closing date is May 31, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/rural-business-development-grants.
- Fire Prevention and Safety Program – The purpose of the FP&S Grant Program is to enhance the safety of the public and firefighters with respect to fire and fire-related hazards by assisting fire prevention program and supporting firefighter health and safety research development. Current closing date is May 19, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=293099.
- Aqua Research Competitive Grant – The ARC Grant, through the Department of Agriculture, supports development of an environmentally and economically sustainable U.S. Aquaculture industry by generating new, science-based information and technology to address industry constraints. Current closing date is May 17, 2017. For more information, go to https://nifa.usda.gov/funding-opportunity/special-research-grants-program-aquaculture-research.
- Digital Projects for the Public – Digital Projects for the Public grants support projects that interpret and analyze humanities content in formats that will attract broad public audiences. Digital platforms – such as websites, mobile applications and tours, interactive touch screens and kiosks, games, and virtual environments – can reach diverse audiences and bring the humanities to life. Current closing date is June 7, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=293003.
- Common Heritage – Common Heritage will support both the digitization of cultural heritage materials and the organization of outreach through community events that explore and interpret these materials as a window on the community’s history and culture. Closing date is June 1, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=292681.
- YouthBuild Program – The YouthBuild program simultaneously addresses several core issues important to low-income communities: affordable housing, education, employment, leadership development, and energy efficiency. The YouthBuild model balances project-based academic learning and occupational skills training to prepare disadvantaged youth for career placement. Closing date is May 9, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=292310.
- Congressional Award – Established in 1979, the Congressional Award is the United States Congress’ award for young Americans. The program is open to all 14- to 23-year-olds. Participants earn Bronze, Silver and Gold Congressional Award Certificates and Bronze, Silver and Gold Congressional Award Medals. Each level involves setting goals in four program areas; Volunteer Public Service, Personal Development, Physical Fitness, and Expedition/Exploration. Earning the Award is a fun and interesting way to get more involved in something you already enjoy or something you'd like to try for the first time. There are no deadlines. Work at your own pace. Just make sure you achieve your goals by your 24th birthday. For more information, go to http://www.congressionalaward.org/index.php.
- Veterinary Medical Officer – The Food Safety and Inspection Service has an opening for a Veterinary Medical Officer on Guam. Incumbent will plan, organize, coordinate and adapt the full range of meat and poultry inspection operations in slaughter and/or processing establishments. Position is open until April 17, 2018. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/382487500.
- Training Technician – The Navy Installations Command has an opening for a Training Technician on Guam. Incumbent will assist in the planning, coordination, evaluation, and administration of a comprehensive training program for all employees assigned to the Fleet and Family Readiness Programs. Position is open until May 3, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/468074300.
- Community Recreation Director – The Navy Installations Command has an opening for a Community Recreation Director on Guam. Incumbent will provide support to the Installation Program Director through the day to day management of the Community Recreation Division, manage and administer a comprehensive and diverse year round recreation program and facilities. Position is open until May 16, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467983300.
- Recreation Specialist – The Navy Installations Command has an opening for a Recreation Specialist on Guam. Incumbent will plan, promote and implement a variety of MWR or Community Recreation program and seek various partnerships with community organizations, and businesses in support of the MWR programs and base wide special events. Position is open until April 25, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467984000.
- Physician – The Veterans Health Administration has an opening for a Physician on Guam. Incumbent exercises overall leadership responsibility for the day to day operations at the Guam Community Based Outpatient Clinic and is responsible for coordination of care consistent with Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Aligned Care Teams. Position is open until April 25, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467623200.
- Customs and Border Protection Officers – Customs and Border Protection has openings for Customs and Border Protection Officers on Saipan. CBP Officers are members of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer profession. Typical assignments include enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture law and regulations; facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel; and conducting inspections of individuals and conveyances. Position is open until April 30, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466525200/ and https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466555300/.
- Electronic Measurement Equipment Mechanic – The Army National Guard has an opening for an Electronic Measurement Equipment Mechanic on Guam. The primary purpose of this position is to perform calibration, diagnostics repair, and certification of electronic, mechanical, and radiation Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment. Guard membership required. Position is open until April 30, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466902400/.
- Administrative Support Technician – The Air National Guard has an opening for an Administrative Support Technician on Guam. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the focal point, local authority and expert source for information in providing a wide variety of orderly room/administrative support for the organization. Position is open until May 12, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467171200/.
- Congressional staff assistant – Congressman Gregorio Kilili Camacho Sablan is seeking a Staff Assistant in the Washington, D.C. congressional office. Responsibilities include answering phones, maintaining the front office, greeting visitors and giving Capitol tours, answering constituent requests for general information, assisting the office manager with scheduling and bookkeeping, and assisting staff with other various administrative and legislative duties in a supportive role. Excellent writing, verbal and organizational skills are essential. Ties to the Northern Mariana Islands preferred. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to MP00.Job@mail.house.gov. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
- Substitute Teacher – The Department of Defense Education Activity has an opening for a Substitute Teacher on Guam. Incumbent will present instructions in accordance with an established lesson plan and curriculum to students in a classroom environment, among other duties. Position is open until December 31, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461039600/.
- IT Specialist – The Air Force Personnel Center has an opening for an Information Technology Specialist on Guam. Incumbent will be responsible for analysis, planning, design, and implementation of the enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy with the mission of the organization. Position is open until April 30, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463560400/.
- Social Worker – The Air Force Personnel Center has an opening for a Social Worker on Guam. Incumbent will provide professional social work services in support of the Family Advocacy Program requirements and initiatives. Position is open until April 30, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463059400/.
- Substitute Teacher/AVID Tutor – The Department of Defense Education Activity has an opening for a Substitute Teacher/AVID Tutor in Guam. Incumbent will present instruction in accordance with an established lesson plan and curriculum to students in a classroom, among other related duties. Position is open until May 30, 2017. For more information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/440337800/.